Julian Barratt was born in St. Mary’s Clinic, Leeds on the 4th of May, 1968. He is clearly a Leeds Brute, like Sean Bean, only with weirder hair. He moved from his home town to London in 1994 and started off round the comedy circuit. He didn’t immediately tell anyone in his house that he was doing comedy.
“So he used to just go out at night for five hours and come back in the middle of the night! Like a murderer,” says Noel Fielding. “They thought he was a serial killer!”
“But I was the one who was dying, that was the irony of the piece.” Julian says.
Julian’s obligatory list of mundane jobs includes working in Burger King. “But they phoned my mum up and said that I didn’t fit in, which I was quite happy about.”
Barratt’s bio from the now-defunct Cluub Zarasthustra website.
- Howard: I'm a free spirit, Vince. I can't be hemmed in. People try. They try to put me in a box, but I break free.
- Vince: Who's trying to put you in a box?
- Howard: It's the nature of me. The nature of Howard Moon.
- Vince: But who's trying to put you in a box?
- Howard: Well, people. The man.
- Vince: Have you contacted the police about this?
- Howard: No. The man. You know what I'm talkin about, yeah?
- Vince: What are you on about?
- Howard: People are always trying to put people in boxes.
- Vince: Nobody is trying to put you in a box... you're the wrong size for starters.